Wednesday 12 September 2012

Zachary Quinto on dating Jonathan Groff

[Source]

Zachary Quinto on dating Jonathan Groff: 'I'm incredibly happy'

Entertainment Weekly
By Erin Strecker, EW.com
September 12, 2012 -- Updated 2024 GMT (0424 HKT)

Zachary Quinto says of his relationship with Jonathan Groff: "I'm incredibly happy, I'm incredibly lucky.

(EW.com) -- Zachary Quinto opened up for the first time about his relationship with "Glee" and "Boss" star Jonathan Groff in Out magazine's October issue. While declining to give specifics, he said, "I'm incredibly happy, I'm incredibly lucky."

Quinto also spoke of his decision to come out last year. "I thought about it as coming out from behind the wall," Quinto told the magazine. "Walls now are only as high or as thick or as strong as we allow them to be." Later, he further explains, "One of the defining conversations that I had with myself was that absolutely no good can come from me staying quiet about [my sexuality]. Literally, no good can come from it. But if I take the step to make the acknowledgment and be honest, so much good could potentially come from it."

The feature also touched on Quinto's increasingly public political preferences. As anyone who follows Quinto on Twitter is already aware, the "American Horror Story" star is very politically active.

He talked with Out about how important he felt the upcoming Presidential election is. "It boggles my mind that there are so many extreme Christian organizations that are adopting a stance against homosexuality with such a vitriol and hatred and targeted aggression that goes against the tenets of the Christian faith," he said. "The hatred that people are leading with in this discussion is really, for me, the biggest symptom of how sick we are."

No comments:

Post a Comment